Year 6 - Red Kites
Teachers: Miss Lemon and Miss Christian.
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Tasker.
PE Days: Thursday (Children will need to come to school in their school PE kit).
Spelling Test Day: Friday
Times Tables: We will be using Times Tables Rockstars throughout the week to practice and track our fluency with Times Tables. In Year 6, we aim for children to know their times tables and related facts fluently.
Home Learning: Mathletics will be set each Friday to complete by the following Wednesday.
There will be a half-termly project which will be linked to the current theme.
Additionally the Year 5/6 Statutory word list can be found in the documents at the bottom of this page, these are spellings in which we aim for children to know by the time they finish Year 6.
Autumn 1 Theme: Here we Are.
Autumn 2 Theme: From Top to Bottom.
Spring Theme: Off with your head!
Summer Theme: Beatlemania.
Other useful information:
The Year 6 school uniform is a black jumper.
Suitable PE kit must be worn: a black t-shirt with the Stanground St John's Logo or a white t-shirt, and black shorts/ sports trousers.
Reading at home daily will help develop and improve pace, fluency and understanding. Please listen to your child read at least 3 times a week and then record in their reading record.
How many activities from our Year 6 Bucket List can you complete?
- Keep a diary for a week
- Take a trip on a train
- Send an email
- Learn to knit
- Design a product or business idea and pitch it to ‘investors’
- Vote in a school election
- Interview someone
- Visit a local charity and find out how you can support them
- Learn how to access the news
- Plan a virtual tour around your local area - You could use Digimaps
- Write a speech
- Choose objects to put in a time capsule
- Design and make an electric model
- Write and record/broadcast a radio play
- Make a dessert
- Organise tea for parents and carers
- See the sun set
- Go on a picnic
- Visit a new city
- Stay away from home for 3 nights