Skip to content ↓

Peterborough Community Assistance Scheme


The Peterborough Community Assistance Scheme (PCAS) can help people going through unexpected financial difficulties who require urgent assistance. The scheme aims to help you meet your basic needs as quickly as possible and will provide you with the support and advice to help you avoid similar problems in the future.


What help is available?

We can help you in the following ways:

By providing emergency food

By providing emergency furniture or other basic needs such as clothing, toys or household items

One off emergency heating or lighting payment

Emergency white goods

Debt advice and helping you to manage your money better


Who can the scheme help?

To access the Peterborough Community Assistance scheme:

You must be over 16 years of age and on means tested benefits

You must be facing hardship or dealing with an emergency situation

You must live or be registered for council tax in the Peterborough council area


Where do I go for help?

For advice around debt/money management, emergency energy payments or emergency electrical appliances, please contact the Citizens Advice Bureau on: 0844 4994120 / (01733) 293203 or in person at:16-17 St Marks Street, Peterborough, PE1 2TU.


Emergency food and furniture are provided through a voucher system issued by a number of different agencies in the city. Please contact one of the agencies listed below, where an advisor will help you with your individual needs.


Please click on the link below for contact details.