Uploaded below is a copy of the home learning for today, Tuesday 19th January 2021 All relevant documents will be made available on Tapestry, and complete home learning will need to be uploaded as an observation.
The only additional equipment that you'll require is paper and pencil/ pen for today.
Tuesday morning message
Here is an outline of your day today:
Arithmetic - TTR 10 minute session. Then, flashback 4. (please time yourself 4 minutes for this);
Maths - Multiply Decimals. Watch the White Rose video: https://vimeo.com/490690764 or https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-6/week-1-number-decimals/ . Afterwards, complete the sheet (choose the chilli you would like to complete);
SPaG - Handwriting/ spelling. Please write one line of each of your spelling words. I have included a copy of our cursive letter expectations on the pdf to help you;
Writing - recap on the features of a newspaper report. Afterwards, read the newspaper report on Henry VIII marrying again (THIS IS RIGHT AT THE END OF THE PDF and has also been attached), complete the table giving examples of each feature from the newspaper report.
Reading - listen to me reading the next pages of Who Let the Gods Out. PLEASE NOTE: this is in a separate post.
Read the 2020 text again and answer the fill in the gap questions (be careful of those spellings!);
Science - static electricity. Watch the Oak National Academy lesson on static electricity, completing the tasks as you watch. Then, complete the final quiz. https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/what-is-static-electricity-74tk2t?activity=video&step=1
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ANSWERS HAVE MOVED TO THE END OF THE PDF DOCUMENT.
Have a great day!
Reading of class book Tuesday
Finally, thank you for your continued support, it does not go un-noticed.
You will find a list of useful educational websites and links that you will be able to access throughout the summer holiday. Please make use of these, particularly those that will support with phonics, times tables, number bonds and reading (such as Audible). We have also uploaded the ‘Moving on Up’ home learning documents for you to download and complete.
Useful Website Links
Free curriculum resources
- White Rose - daily Home Learning Set for the class
- Mathletics - work will be set on here throughout the week
- Top Marks - interactive games
- Hit the Button Game - interactive times table game
- TTRockstars - practise times table skills Children have usernames and passwords
- Pobble365 - A different picture each day to inspire discussion, vocabulary and writing
- Accelerated Reader - Reading book quizzes
- Audible - Audiobooks and podcasts
- Purple Mash - login
- Ict Games
- Scratch Coding - Booklet available to download below
- Online Safety - videos and activities to support keeping safe online
- Digi Maps - geography based, allows children to explore a range of maps of the world (the login for this was sent Via Marvellous Me)
- Charanga - music website, children have been set work on this in line with the daily timetable (logins have been given to access this website)
- SingUp Home Learning KS2
- Out of the ark - songs and resources released each day
- Joe Wicks Workout - live workouts
- DK Find Out! A safe place online to see, learn, and explore almost everything.
- BBC Bitesize Spanish
- Rosetta Stone - Free language learning for school children with Rosetta Stone. Enable your children to use their time at home in a meaningful way. School children get 3 month free access to Rosetta Stone. #StayAtHome