Church School Report and Links
SIAMS (Church inspection) 2017:
Our school was inspected on 16th January 2017. We are delighted that the inspector found our school to be 'Outstanding' . She spoke with all stakeholders: pupils, staff, parents, governors and members of our church community, in order to reach her very positive conclusions.
- The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Stanground St John’s Primary School as a Church of England school is outstanding.
- The school, through its distinctive Christian character, is outstanding at meeting the needs of all learners.
- The impact of collective worship on the school community is good.
- The effectiveness of the leadership and management of the school as a church school is outstanding.
We are particularly proud that:
Our school is described as: 'St John’s school family........a school with pupils at its heart'
'Christian values drive improvement for pupils’ good achievement through the highly supportive programme of nurturing self-esteem and well-being so that pupils can reach their potential.'
'Strong Christian leaders nurture positive partnerships with the church and parents within an inclusive family atmosphere, leading to confident pupils, who enjoy learning.'
'Supported by strategic governance, the headteacher has built a cohesive staff team, who work well together in the belief that every child deserves the best life chances.'
Whist there is 'a shared Christian vision throughout the school community', it is also noted that there is 'tolerance and respect for those of other religions and cultures represented in the school and the wider world.'
An absolute strength of our school is our pupils, who:
- 'especially the vulnerable, make good progress because they feel confident, supported and special'
- 'strive to be ‘the best you can be’ within an inclusive ethos'
- display ‘positive attitudes and high standards of behaviour'.
We are delighted with this outstanding outcome and will continue to work hard to improve further.